Knowers and Onlookers
The hearts of the Knowers have eyes
That can see what onlookers cannot see
-Sahl ibn al Tustari
Just read this profound verse on Drops of Wisdom, and now wondering as to what real knowledge is... Practically all of us claim to "know" but how can we know anything at all unless our hearts have "eyes that can see what the onlookers cannot?" Aren't we all just onlookers in this wilderness called World? At least that is something I can claim for myself...
Comments
Example. If I be VERY honest, the times when I was clapping and cheering in the annual functions (while somebody sang a song on stage), outwardly I was cheering...inwardly, my heart KNEW this is something wrong..and I shouldn't be here. It happens at every lavish/unsegregated/dance-type wedding I go to.
And this is just one example. Wisdom is acquired through actions..(as in, after these basic realisations through one's conscience, how MUCH do you follow your conscience..?). These actions (like nawafil etc) determine your closeness to Allah.. And the ones who are really close.. are granted wisdom (hikmat) which is superior to the basic ones that all humans have.
He grants hikmah to whom He pleases, and he, to whom hikmah is granted, is indeed granted abundant good. But none remember (will receive admonition) except men of understanding.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #269)
:)
Jazaakumullah for the wise comment.
:)