Masha Allah :) this is beautiful. And beautifully said..(even though you talked about dying).
Which, sad to say, scares me a LOT, simply because I have a feeling that I'm not going to get off easy on the Day of Judgement. May Allah have Mercy on us all, Ameen.
A thought just struck my mind: would the colours of death be as wonderful as those of this sunset image? :)
May Allah make it so ... may He make us spend our lives in such a manner that Death becomes the most beautiful of things we are ever going to experience. InshaAllah. Aameen!
I think it's true. Because we have heard ample cases of people who have died SMILING.. :S And why not..everything that is in front of us is a reminder -- so why not the beauty of a sun SETTING.. :)
Company or more specifically suhbah is a phenomenon whose effects are difficult to describe. There is this teacher of mine who always says that 'environment is silent speech' and I always used to think how right he was... The effects and impacts are so subtle that one does not even notice how one gets transformed without noticing it ever. There are few verses by Shaykh Sa'adi (rahimahullah) that I came across in a book called, Bayt ki haqeeqat . I am compelled to write them on my blog. The poetry is extremely beautiful and rhythmic. Someone who has ever experienced such company would testify to the truth contained in the verses of this hikaayat . Gili khushbooi dar hamaam roozi Raseed az dast-e-mahboobi ba-dastam Be-oo guftam keh mushki ya 'abeeri Keh az boo-e dil-aaweez e tu mastam Be-oo gufta, man gil-e naacheez boodam Wa-leekin muddati ba-gul nashistam Jamaal-e hum-nasheen dar man asar kard Wa gar na man hamaan khaakam keh hastam [One day in a hamaam* , I g...
Yesterday, I saw a wonderful picture on a website showing too many pligrims thronging the land of Hijaz. And beneath the picture it was written: Bana kar faqeeron ka hum bhays Ghaalib Tamasha-e-ehl-e-Karam dekhtay hain ... And the verse went so well with the view in the picture. No explanations needed to explain this kind of love. "It is all the labour of Love." What is there which is beyond Love? Darmiyaan-e-parda-e-khoon ishq ra gulzaarha Aashiqaan ra ba-Jamaal-e-ishq-e-bay-chun kaarha Aql guyad "shish jehat huddst, beeroon raah neest" Ishq guyad "raah hast wa raftay am mann baarha..." (Transation of Professor Lateefullah's Urdu Translation in Rumi (RA) ka payaam-e-ishq : Between the curtains of blood, there are countless gardens of Love. Lovers have a lot to do with the beauty of Love of the Unmatched! Intellect says, there's no way beyond the limits of six directions Love ( Ishq ) says, there is the way, for I have traversed it several times!) ...
Comments
Which, sad to say, scares me a LOT, simply because I have a feeling that I'm not going to get off easy on the Day of Judgement. May Allah have Mercy on us all, Ameen.
Allahumma Haasibni Hisaabai~ Yaseera!
And jazaakumullahu khayran for visiting :)
May Allah make it so ... may He make us spend our lives in such a manner that Death becomes the most beautiful of things we are ever going to experience. InshaAllah. Aameen!
Nice thought MA!