On the solitary road of life

And she said to me:

"Even if I die, it won't really matter; for we'll be together in Jannah! The concept of death is not really a bad one for us. It is a pity that since childhood, we drill into the minds of children the fear of death. "Don't do this, for you'll die!" "Don't do that for it might dangerous for your life," etc. Death isn't a bad thing at all. I just want to look upon Allah and see Him smile at me. And then I will tell Him that see I do not have anything considerable with me. I just want You to forgive me because of Your fadl (blessings). Your rahmah (Mercy). And I am hopeful..."
And this reminded me of this couplet:

ik tosha-e ummiid-e karam le ke chala huu~
kuchh is ke siva paas nahi~ zaad-e safar aur
What else do we have with us to accompany on the solitary road we walk... 

Comments

Unknown said…
Im answer-less. You're right that we have this built in to us that it is going to be bad if we die. Probably we aren't yet ready to die. We keep on reminding ourselves that we have to die one day, but we don't prepare for our eternal life, the life hereafter.

And this thought should be inflicted in children that death is nothing bad, it is good in fact because we meet with our creator. Just that we have to prepare ourselves before we set out for the final journey.

Jazakallah for such a great reminder.
Samah said…
Great post jazakAllah.

It is said that if we look forward to meet our Lord on the Final Day.. HE too will be eager to meet us.. subhanAllah.
Samah said…
Your blog has been given an award. Please accept is as a simple token of appreciation. :)

Here it is:

http://forsaker.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/my-blog-is-fabulous/
Jazaakillahu khairan Samah, if you think so generously of my blog :)

I will inshaAllah write the post 'adhering' to its rules ... after the Ramadan :)
Anonymous said…
Assalamoalaikum,

I jus stumble on your blog, MashaAllah such asimple andnice one it is , with words of wisdom.

May Allah strengthen all of us in Imaan, Ameen.

jazakAllah for the posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Speed-breakers

Company - Ba-gul Nashistan