A Timely Reminder
Time never fails to fascinate me. At times it seems heavily impregnated with pain and sorrow. And times, make one feel as light as a cloud. At times you think as to how exactly it would pass. You try to look into the future with bleary eyes and all you see is mist. And yet there is always the hope that someday the mist would clear itself and the future would materialise...
I was just listening to an audio of a lecture delivered by one of our respected teachers almost a month back. A lecture that was delivered to mark our position as graduates of the Department; standing at the threshold of completely new lives ahead. In that lecture, I came across something said by him with which so aptly seems to mark today - December 20, 2009. While discussing death, he said:
Every parting is a little death!
And I could not agree more... SubhaanAllah! What amazing wisdom Allah grants to some people!
Comments
Sometimes we need to bare pain to find the sweetness of something