Priorities
Just saw this post on umer toor blog. Priorities are something that I started taking note of a few years ago. It was probably after I joined the university that I was formally introduced to this word. Courtesy: my teachers (read: mentors). It is strange how some vocabulary items evade our attention unless someone makes a conscious effort to help us look beyond the surface of the written/spoken word. Given the context of my life, similar was the case with the word 'priorities', because probably I too was traversing the path of life aimlessly. No, I still do not claim to have realised the purpose of life in its entirety but at least the presence of some people in my life have taught me that life is not just about 'walking' aimlessly ... You need to walk in a certain direction! One of my teachers often quotes the following couplet in his classes:
سمت کی کوئی خبر ہے نہ ستارے کا پتہ
چلتے رہنے کو ہی یہ لوگ سفر کہتے ہیں
It is strange how clearly 'priorities' have been mentioned in The Book as pointed out by Umer Toor in his post and yet we wander aimlessly in wilderness...
Comments
'hum rooh-e-safar hain hamain naamon se na pehchaan
kal aur kisi naam se aa jaain ge hum log'