"aa tujh ko bataau~ me~ taqdeer-e umam kya he..."

A comment, by Muhammad Umer Toor on the post below (Music and Voters), that deserves to be published as a post. It gives me great pleasure to see that we still have thinking beings left in our society. May Allah have mercy on us, and knock some 'seriousness' into all of us.

Solution is needed when there's a problem. It's a disease. Reason why they have music is because they think they need to entertain people who have come such long a distance. You need music for non-serious people on non-serious occasions. If you're talking about something as serious about Pakistan's issues, who needs music? 
Someone asked an ex-base commander (F-16 pilot) of Sargodha that do you listen to music, and he said that the roar of jet engine was music to him.
Iqbal said: Shamsheer o sana awwal, ta'oos o rubab akhir

Comments

Umer Toor said…
ameen
HAQ said…
I think we should not generalize. Neither the people nor the occasion was non serious. Music should be addressed separately over here. The onslaught of music in our daily lives is something which is definitely of concern but downplaying an entire political struggle just because music was played, in my view is wrong.
@ Hamza
Welcome to Musafir-e Dasht :) and jazaakAllah for commenting. Brother, I see the point that you are trying to make, but my idea was only to imply that how can we expect a change when the nation - at the mass level - is not even to made to realise of its follies, non-seriousness being one of them. As they say, we have even forgotten that we've forgotten something! I have nothing against PTI. In fact, it was one such political party that at least 'dreamt' (and I believe it was in earnest) of bringing out some change. The problem is that I have become wary of this bringing-change-rhetoric. The direction in which things are moving, I am afraid that this political struggle will only be left with 'politics' and the struggle would vanish in thin air. Yet, yet, yet, it is Allah Who knows best.

P.S. The post was also not aimed at undermining some personality. Instead it only aimed at bringing forth a general change that has come about in our intellects and the way we perceive things in life.
Assalaamu'alaikum sir,

Though I am from India and hence not directly affected by the political scenarios of pakistan, I have a subdued interest in it becoz of an entire muslim nation's inclusivity in the process. I was hoping Imran Khan's moves would bring some positive whiff of air into the pathetic leadership stances and actions one gets to witness...and sir, the post dampened my spirit even before something concrete could happen...atleast the warm feeling of hope was such a nice thing to have...thinking of it, expecting muttaqi leaders for a population, atleast a prominent section of, which itself doesnt aspire for it..or aspires for the opposite of it...is being very optimistic, atleast for now, I guess...


यूँ तो हर शाम उम्मीदों पे गुज़र जाती थी,
आज कुछ बात है जो शाम पे रोना आया.
- शकील बदायुनी

Anyway, there's gonna be a day, as prophesized by aaqa saws when muslims will regain their lost splendor..when every home will shine in the glow of obedience..till then, I have to work to glow my own self and try that others work on it as well...

Ghamgeen na ho ke bahut daur hain abhi baaqi,
naye sitaaron se qaali nahin sipehre kabood...

Donʹt grieve, for millenniums and aeons more still lie ahead for man in store:
The ever spinning heaven blue is not devoid of planets new.

--Allama iqbal (rah)



nevertheless, jazaakAllahu khaira for the beautiful posts on your blog...quite some deep food for thought..and a mystic, poetic aura pervades through all posts that I so much love...
HAQ said…
@ N.A. Thank you for your kind reply and also for understanding my point of view (at least for listening). I believe we should keep the hope alive and not become wary. 'Na umeedi' is fatal.

On the side note. May Allah bless you for this gem of a blog.
Nasrullah:

Welcome, to Musaafir-e Dasht, brother and jazaakumullahu khaira for commenting. Could you please translate the Hindi verse you've posted in the comment? Or is the same verse by Iqbal that you've quoted at the end? You are absolutely right when you say that it feels great to have a feeling of hope and change. Again, I would reiterate, I am not against PTI. I am just wary of how things are progressing with their party and that too so swiftly. I also believe that Allah SWT can choose absolutely anyone (even if they do it unknowingly!) for the nusrat of his Deen. I am simply a little suspicious :) that's all. Had it been some other party (even if it was a religious one), I might have been equally suspicious about them too. The Truth, however, lies with Allah SWT. May He help us see things as they really are! (as our Blessed Prophet sallAllahu alayhi wassallam used to pray). Keep visiting and enriching Musaafir-e Dasht with your insights. It is a pleasure to find someone from another country linking themselves only the basis of nothing else but Islam.

Hamza:

Jazaakumullahu khaira, Hamza. Keep visiting and chipping in your opinions :) It is a pleasure to find some serious folks like you around. Alhamdulillah! God bless you!
यूँ तो हर शाम उम्मीदों पे गुज़र जाती थी,
आज कुछ बात है जो शाम पे रोना आया.
- शकील बदायुनी

yoon to har shaam ummeedon pey guzar jaati thi,
aaj kuchh baat hai jo shaam pey rona aaya
- shakeel badaayuni

fee amaanillah,
Nasrullah
JazaakAllahu khaira!
M Umer Toor said…
PS: I myself am a big supporter of PTI and never considered downplaying a political struggle because of a certain disease or mistake of it in the comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Speed-breakers

Company - Ba-gul Nashistan